Thursday, December 24, 2009

Farm Girl Meets Bustling Metropolis

Ok, so maybe I can't really call myself a farm girl.  And I can't really call Auckland a bustling metropolis.  But I think you get the idea: I ventured from Whangarei down to Auckland for a few days.  An amazing view of the city from the top of Mt. Eden.
After lots of walking around, exploring different neighborhoods and doing several city walks, I decided that in true New Zealand tourist fashion I'd try out some bungy jumping.  And since I was in Auckland, I figured the Auckland harbor bridge would be a good place to go.  You can see the bridge almost right in the middle of that first photo.  Here's a closer look:
First you walk up to a pod that is right under the center of the bridge - cars are zooming by right above you but you can't see them.  The pod:
Just noticed that disco ball.  Party time!
Getting tied in.
Walking the plank...oh man oh man oh man.  Did I mention they dunk you in the Auckland harbor too?
He told me I get style points, I think I did pretty well considering it was my first bungy jump ever.
And the dunk!
My way up, soaking wet thumbs up.
Overall, pretty scary for the freefall, very fun for the 3 bounces and a good adrenaline rush activity.  I'd do it again.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you did that!!! But is proven to be true!!!

    ReplyDelete