I actually ended up really enjoying Brisbane. The city itself is pretty cool with a river that snakes through it - it's so snakey in fact, that they have a ferry that goes through it and its actually pretty efficient for transportation.
I also liked the fake little beach at Southbank Parklands that Catherine and I visited on the first day we were in town (we ended going back again with Pieter that weekend). We got a nice tour of the University of Queensland campus (by Pieter) and ate at the cafe on campus, which had some good food (I went back to meet up with an old family friend from our Brasil days, Jessica Hill, the next week too). I managed to sneak into a class with Pieter too which was fun ("sneak"...it wasn't so hard, though it felt strange to be in class after almost 5 years of being out of school).
Here we are eating, as we do best, at Piet's place. Catherine and I made the most amazing chocolate mousse with fresh cream and a strawberry sauce from scratch.
This nerd could be your doctor one day. Start lining up folks.
A bird eating bugs off one of the huge plants at the Roma Street Parkland, downtown Brisbane.
These guys are pretty much everywhere. They like to pose for photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment